Sunday, February 8, 2009

Homeward Bound

Tomorrow morning at 9am I take off for Manila.
I can't believe five and a half months has passed so quickly!
This weekend was so busy that I was not able to focus on leaving. Just now, at 1:30am, I finished packing. Hopefully it will all be in the weight restrictions!

In other more important news, we had a typhoon come through Saturday. There was so much rain that water at Rainbow was ankle deep, and we are on higher ground. Many peoples homes near the river were washed away. Many people's homes were flooded. Also, many lives were lost up in the mountains where there are no good roads and the waters rush very quickly. Please keep this area in your prayers as there is a lot of work that must be done to rebuild and correct damage of homes, roads, and other buildings.

Please pray for safe travel for myself, Becky, and Leanna. They leave the day after me and will also be coming to L.A. for a time. Please pray for safe flying conditions, customs, and endurance to go through the long flight.

Please pray for the transition that Rainbow will go through. Becky and Leanna left big shoes to fill after being here for 18 years. Pray that the staff and children will cope well.


Thank you for your prayers! I will try to update more about the weekend when I am having a layover in Korea.
Blessings!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope this gets to you in Manila!
Don't forget to treat yourself to
some keepsakes of your trip. You'll
be happy later on that your did.
I most certainly WILL PRAY for you to have a safe journey home and
also for the people that are fight-
ing the weather and that no more lives are lost. God be with you!
Love Fairy God Mother...

Erin McDonald said...

I am so glad you got to come visit us! You are now probably flying over a very large ocean and hopfully getting some sort of sleep since you didn't get any here the last few days! I am glad you had a nice time here and we will pray for direction for you as you finish school and help your grand parents! We hope to see you in Cali and are glad to have met you! God bless and hey you still have to keep this blog upto date for us who live in the Philippines!
erin:)