Baby F. The Yayas call him "tambok" which means chubby or fat.
Baby R
New Baby S
B hiding behind a tree with his signature face.
The Oldest M
So I did not get to go to Cebu Island for church on Sunday due to the fact that there was the biggest thunder storm I have ever heard on Saturday night. I cannot even describe how loud the thunder was. It was so powerful that it shook the houses and I am pretty sure that nobody in the entire town slept through it. Even at church the next day they talked about how it was the loudest storm they have had in quite some time. It reminded me of the hymn "How Great Thou Art" when it talks about the rolling thunder. Hearing the power of the thunder really shows just how great and powerful God really is.
Yesterday we celebrated Baby F's (see photo above) first birthday. I wish I would have taken some photos of all the children with cake on their faces and Baby F poking the cupcake because he did not really know what to do with it.
Ate Sheryl is in Manila right now at ICAB (intercountry adoption board) doing placement stuff for two brothers ages 4 and 1 and 1/2. I am really excited for them! She is also checking up on some medical visas for a few of the other kids who will be going to the States as well as some other issues for some of the other babies. I cannot wait for her to come back today so I can hear her report!
Yesterday the M's stayed home because they thought that they had another pre-trail but they did not. When they are home during the day, things are a bit hectic. I usually have a schedule when I work with each of the girls but since they were home and like most siblings do...they were very mischevious and got in trouble and were on time out. Needless to say, I ended up having a very short time to work with them. I'm trying a new goals system with them. They have to tell me how many books they want to read during the week with me, and if they meet their goal, we will do something fun. I'm thinking this week we will make bookmarks if they reach their goals. Which I am pretty positive that they will because when i asked them how many they wanted to read the older one said 12 and she had read 6 already, and the younger one said 20 and she too had read 6 books.
I think that is all that I have to report on today. I hear all of the toddlers outside and I can't wait to go play with them! I am also going into town today to go shopping so I will try to take more photos. If anyone wants to see a photo of anything specific, please comment with it so I can show you!
love love, Amanda

4 comments:
The pictures are great. The babies are adorable..I can see why you are anxious to play with them.
Is it safe in your cute little hut when a thunderstorm is going on? Scary...
Your articles are wonderful and very informative. You do good.
Love you and God keep you safe.
FGmother
Hello Amanda, Debi just sent me this link and I can hardly believe that you are truly there at Rainbow Village! Your journal entries & pics are stunning: great stuff! I am so grateful to read your entries. It sounds as though you are where you are most needed- praise God. I cannot imagine the thunderstorm in those buildings - scary-farm Dumaguete-style. God bless you, Amanda. I am very proud to know you. I will be faithful to pray for you and Rainbow. Please say "Hola!" to my dear sweet friend, Ellen Joy. Love,
Julie Clifford and of course, Ally
That first picture is my favorite, for sure!
I loved the pictures--what absolutely adorable children! I wish I could play with them!!! Experiencing a thunderstorm in a little hut must have been awesome--I am awed by thunder and lightning since it is such a majestic display of God's power. Your little hut certainly must have shook and rattled!!! Love & prayers, Nancy
Post a Comment