And I ate it. Here is some photo evidence...
So after that excitingly disgusting bit of information....
I am doing very well! On Monday we had a woman's missionary lunch and it was great to come together and lift each other up in our ministries. It was such an encouragement to get together and talk about how God is working though each person and seeing Him in what we do. It made me think and reflect on what I have been doing here and despite some recent discouragement with working with my 3 M's, still making a difference and an impact. My M's have been very defiant and disruptive. We are dealing with issues with them such as disobedience, stealing, destruction of property, and we are really trying to teach them God's way in all of this. It is very difficult as each member of the staff here has to come together and support one another as well as the girls.
A few of the kid's here have been getting sick with fevers and one or two of the children have pneumonia. Earlier today I helped take six of the babies to the clinic to get immunizations. It was really fun because since the babies are so small we needed someone to carry each baby separately and then we needed a driver so there was 7 of us totally. We called it the parade of babies. I was able to hold one of our smallest babies. He is two months old and the poor boy had to get two immunizations. He did not like it very much.
Other than that, not much else has been happening that is new and exciting to write about.
Prayer Requests:
Continued Prayer for the M's. Please pray for their hearts to be softened to hear and understand what they are doing. Please pray for the staff here at Rainbow for guidance, patience, and understanding while we deal with these issues.
Health of the children. Many of them have fevers and coughs which can be fairly dangerous for small children.
Safety for the family that has just picked up their child as they head home to Italy. Please also pray for the bonding of the child to his new parents.
Please pray for me as I am learning stick shift. I had my first lesson and I did not stall or crash anything but I am still a bit uneasy about driving with the Agape girls. Please also pray that I have the patience, guidance, and knowledge to work with all of the children I work with.
Thank you for your prayers!
Isaiah 43:2 "When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze."

5 comments:
balut looks nasty! my grandparents ate it in china and they said the same thing. way to be brave and try it though!
I commend you for your courage! It's great that you are willing to try new things...I couldn't have done it. Those poor children must have really gone through alot in the past..I do pray that they will soon realize they are in good hands now. Amanda you are doing a wonderful thing for all the children of Rainbow Village. God Bless.........FGmother
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! NASTY!
GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
omg. your crazy
Post a Comment