It is customary to receive a chicken on your birthday here as a birthday gift. One of the girls had her birthday on Thursday and her sister brought her a hen and a rooster. Tomorrow is Birthday Lunch for the month of November and so the birthday girl decided to butcher the chickens and I helped with the process. Of course there is photo evidence, and I have much more graphic ones, but I will only post the cleaner ones. Viewer discretion advised.
This is the birthday girl and her birthday chicken.
Cleaning off all of the feathers.
The birthday girl and her chickens just about ready for cooking.

5 comments:
Hey there! My grandmother raised her own chickens when I was a young child so I know exactly what you girls had to go thru...but I bet the dinner was great! It's good to see how happy you look in all the pictures. God be with you and look over you and keep you safe.
Lv fgmother
Lami kaayo! I'm excited to see both you and Carmen diving into the culture. Next you'll need to roast lechon. Thank you for your ministry. Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be broken.
Oh, I should probably let you know that I'm Carmen's dad...
Thanks for setting up this site so we can see how your ladies are enjoying your time at Rainbow. Amanda, maybe you could help Carmen to set up a site like this then we won't all be crashing yours...haha...thank you again for having it.
Carmen, we love you and miss you but are completely thrilled that you are having such an awesome time. Also thanking Jesus for the good friend He provided in Amanda!!! Praying that Jesus will bring healing to your body.
Much love, The Huffmans
oops...I meant to say, "we can see how YOU ladies..." not YOUR ladies, it must be bedtime as it is 1:55 Cali time. You girls have a very blessed evening. Much love and prayer always.
Post a Comment